PART-TIME POSITION HELPING OLDER ADULTS WITH TRANSITIONS
ABOUT MANAGING MOVES & MORE:
IF ARE LOOKING FOR A JOB THAT IS PURPOSEFUL, PART TIME AND OFFERS PHYSICAL ACTIVITY, THIS MAY BE THE PERFECT JOB FOR YOU.
PURPOSEFUL: We help gently guide older adult who are making the hardest move of their life. At the end of the move, we consistently hear “We couldn’t have done it without you”. You are making a difference in people’s lives.
PART-TIME: The hours for this position are flexible – we ask you to be available to work from 4-5 days a week. If you need time off, no problem. We are flexible and family oriented.
ACTIVE: No sitting at a desk all day long - we pack and unpack items for clients, and get their new home set up by the end of the day. We use movers for the heavy stuff.
AND WE HAVE AN AWESOME TEAM!
ABOUT MANAGING MOVES & MORE:
Since 2009 Managing Moves & More has been helping clients with their transitions and relocations. We are trusted experts in move management, downsizing & decluttering, home clear outs, new home set up new and home staging. We cover Santa Clara, San Mateo Counties and San Francisco Counties.
Managing Moves and More is looking for a part-time and on-call professional who enjoy working with older adults. You’ll work one on one with amazing clients who need your talents and support through one of life’s biggest transitions. This includes organizing and downsizing, coordinating their move, and setting up their new home. You’ll be rewarded hearing your client tell you “It looks just like home, I could not have done it without you!”
You’ll also have the pleasure of working with colleagues who love what they do and value hard work and team spirit. We have a special place in our hearts for helping older adults who are making a lifetime transition.
You bring the enthusiasm and we’ll provide the training to help you be successful.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help our clients declutter, sort, organize and downsize their homes
- Pack, unpack and help set-up clients' new home
- Demonstrate a caring and compassionate attitude
- Perform other related duties and tasks as may be assigned
- NOTE: WE ARE NOT MOVERS BUT SUPERVISE THEIR ONSITE ACTIVITIES
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Experience, helpful, self-starter with a positive "can-do" attitude
- Detail oriented and love to organize
- Ability to take initiative, complete tasks and solve problems
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs
- Proficient in English
- Pass criminal background check
- All projects are done on-site and at the client’s home, so you must have a car.
- All candidates must be vaccinated for Covid-19 and provide documentation
The hours for this job are part time and flexible. We require you to be available at least 3 days per week between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm M-F. Hours are dependent on client load, which changes from week to week and hours are not guaranteed.
If you are interested, please send your resume and/or a brief description of your work experience and why you are a good fit for the position to: Careers@ManagingMoves.com
Compensation: $26 - $28 (based on experience) per hour plus travel time and mileage reimbursement
Employment type: part-time (W2) position, no benefits are offered